The Jacob and Rebecca Fuerst Farmstead is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the State Register of Historic Sites. Improvements have been made by volunteers with support provided by local businesses and private organizations.
The Fuersts built this Arts and Crafts style bungalow in 1930. They utilized the cobblestone foundation of an existing Greek Revival house which this house replaced. The bungalow features ﬁeldstone in a distinctive pattern in the chimney and in the foundation and supporting pillars of the porch. The windows that once ﬂanked the chimney, the glass in the interior French doors separating the living and dining rooms, and in the doors to built-in bookcases on either side of the stone ﬁreplace, were all of matched beveled glass design. Art Nouveau wall sconces line the living room walls and match a ceiling ﬁxture in the dining room. Art Deco brass hardware accents the dark wood trim throughout the house. All are original to the house. Additional rooms on the ﬁrst ﬂoor include a bathroom, two bedrooms and a kitchen. There are four bedrooms and a sleeping porch on the second ﬂoor and access to the attic. Windows, doors, shelving and wood trim recycled by the Fuersts from the original house can be seen in the basement.