The Jacob and Rebecca Fuerst Farmstead is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the State Register of Historic Sites. Improvements have been made by volunteers with support provided by local businesses and private organizations.
There are three barns remaining on the property. The largest barn was used to house cattle and store hay. The second argest is a four-stall horse barn with a grain storage area. It has an attached milk-house. The third barn was used to store farm machinery. A fourth barn, built in 1876, was destroyed by arson. An outhouse, a pump house, and two dog houses are clustered near the house. The smokehouse which was previously on the site was lost to damage by landscaping contractors. The chicken coop is no longer standing but is still on the site.